The Airwatch content locker app is a part of the Airwatch Mobile Device Management(MDM) suite and offers power collaboration capabilities to the enterprise and its employees.
Traditionally company employees were required to access enterprise servers on-premise through secured corporate devices. In recent times, with the development of cloud technology, devices can remotely access company servers. Also, the Bring Your Own Device(BYOD) policy and remote working conditions with enhanced technology in personal devices allow users to access sensitive corporate devices on personal devices. This presents countless security challenges for enterprises as these devices are not secured and connected to unsecured local networks.
Airwatch is an Enterprise Mobility Management Solution offering Mobile Device Management(MDM) and Mobile Application Management(MAM) capabilities through Unified Endpoint Management(UEM). Airwatch helps create a secure workplace without worrying about security challenges and boosts their overall productivity.
Airwatch Secure Content Locker
Within the Airwatch suite of Mobile Device Management(MDM) products, AirWatch Secure Content Locker is a powerful content collaboration tool. Users can securely present their work and collaborate on various document types with Content Locker across desktops and various mobile computing devices such as smartphones, tablets, and notebooks, in the workplace. The collaboration platform provides a secured self-service Web portal that allows work from home and offers a sync desktop client for the office. Whether the data is stored on-premises or in the cloud, all clients can seamlessly access data. The Secure Content Locker is compatible across a variety of operating systems and devices like Android, OS X, Symbian, iOS, Blackberry, Chromebook, and Windows devices.
The AES 256-bit encryption with content protection is featured in the Content Locker. Besides data access, watermarks, comments on files, big-screen presentations controlled from mobile devices, notifications, and secure email are among other features provided in 18 languages. In diverse industries including technology, transportation, publishing/media, retail, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, non-profit, insurance, legal, government, healthcare, hospitality, education, financial/banking, food services, automotive, aviation, consumer goods, and utilities are provided with content collaboration with Content Locker to simplify businesses.
Features of Airwatch Content Locker
Airwatch Content provides simple and secure access to enterprise content anywhere, anytime. Airwatch Content locker is designed to address unique content requirements by enabling real-time access to content supporting true mobile workflows. Sharing and collaboration can be done on content while ensuring enterprise-grade security.
A consistent user across various Secure Content Locker is compatible across desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and different operating systems like Android, OS X, Symbian, iOS, Blackberry, Chromebook, and Windows devices. The same level of access and experience is provided to users regardless of the device they are using.
Airwatch Content Locker features for Users
Efficiency and value are enabled for end-users with the following features:
- Productivity on the go
- Emails can be securely accessed on personal devices
- Seamlessly connect to internal share points
- Documents can be created, edited, or deleted, and the changes are reflected in real-time
- Global search features allow users to search for a particular file or document across all repositories, including Sharepoint, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive.
- Review, edit and highlight and mark important parts in a document with inbuilt tools.
- Tag colleagues in documents
- Active sync reflects all changes made in real-time.
Airwatch Content Locker features for Admin
Within the admin console, the IT team can evaluate insights and have management capabilities:
- Directly upload files that are provided to all end-users
- Security settings enable the admin to configure security and sharing capabilities, document assignment, and deployment methods.
- Settings can be enabled or disabled for automatic download over WiFi, set an effective date and expiration date.
- Once published, the data is secured with AES 256 bit FIPS 140-2 encryption protecting data in transit, use, and rest.
- Additional layers of security can be applied through flexible user authentication and Data Loss Protection(DLP), such as adding a dynamic watermark.
- Access control for providing users access to existing content repositories, as they are automatically pushed down user devices upon enrollment.
- Integrates with 30 types of file systems, including Sharepoint, Network File Share, One Drive, and Google Drive.
- Airwatch reporting and analytics allow admin to take advantage of complete audit trails for files and user activities. To reflect user behavior or group action, reports may be generated. Real-time analytics show user and content status, content engagement, and user breakdown status to help admins better understand the way users interact with available documents.