Airwatch Mobile Content Management is a type of content management system (CMS) which allows storage and delivery of content and services to endpoint devices, such as mobile phones, smartphones, and PDAs. Airwatch Content Management technology allows enterprises to efficiently provide timely information and functionality to business partners and mobile workforces.
Table of Contents
Communication among employees via sharing data and content is of key importance in any kind of organization. Employees in an enterprise need to securely access and share information remotely and securely at all times to stay updated with recent developments. This led to the development of the Content Management System (CMS).
As mobile devices became increasingly easily-available and upgraded, demand for mobile content management increased. Initially focused on the business-to-consumer (B2C) mobile marketplace, MCMS technology initially focused on the mobile marketplace with text messaging, news, ringtones, games, and other kinds of content. For more timely information and functionality to business partners and mobile workforces in an increasingly efficient manner, business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-employee (B2E) products were also developed.
Mobile Content Management
Mobile content management systems may exist as features, discrete systems, modules, or add-ons of larger content management systems capable of multi-channel content delivery. Following are the specific device constraints that make Mobile content delivery unique:
- Widely variable device capacities,
- Very small screen size,
- low grade wireless bandwidth,
- very small storage capacity, and
- old device processors
Key Features Of MCMs Technology:
- Multi-Channel Content Delivery: Users can deliver content to mobile devices such as mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices while simultaneously managing a central content repository with Multi-Channel Content Delivery. Device-specific presentation styles can be applied to content stored in a raw format (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Text, HTML, etc.)
- Content Access Control: Authorization, authentication, and access approval to each piece of content with additional features like time-specific access, wipe-out for a specific user, and download control. Basic authentication has a user ID and password. IP authentication and mobile device authentication are supported for higher grade security.
- Specialized templating systems: Mobile CMS templates are adapted to a very wide range of target devices with different capacities and limitations instead of traditional web content management systems that can only manage templates for only a limited number of web browsers. For adapting templates, multi-client and multi-site methods are available. All versions of a site pointing to the same domain(e.g., gocoding.org) can be seen in multi-client, and templates are presented based on the device client used for viewing. The mobile website on a targeted sub-domain (e.g., de. gocoding.org) under a multi-site approach.
- Location-based content delivery: Targeted content (maps, directions, information, advertisements, etc.) is delivered to mobile devices based on current physical location. Navigation systems are specialized systems in GPS technology that incorporate mobile phone functionality, taking advantage of location-aware content delivery.
Features of Airwatch Mobile Content Management
For any time, anywhere access to corporate content, Airwatch Content Management System is used. Airwatch Content Management is a Content Management System (CMS) Solution. Free file-sharing services are used in many organizations to access sensitive company data putting organizations’ corporate data at risk. Enterprises can improve mobile productivity while ensuring corporate data security by providing users secure access to the latest corporate content (regardless of where it’s stored) on their mobile devices, with Airwatch Content Management. A corporate container protects sensitive content and segregates enterprise data from personal data on BYOD devices. Users are provided with a central application to securely access, distribute and collaborate on the different kinds of data for more productivity on the go. The different types of data secured by Airwatch are:
- Corporate Data
- Medical Records
- Patient Charts
- Board Books
- Sensitive Emails
- Email Attachments
- Training Materials
- Product Information
- Financial Reports
- Employee Handbooks
- Electronic Flight Bags
- Product Inventory
- Legal Briefs
- Employee Handbooks
- Classified Documents
Benefits of Airwatch Mobile Content Management
- Access all content across repositories at a single point.
- Real-time access on the go to the latest content.
- Data loss prevention of confidential documents.
- Across teams, seamless collaboration can be achieved.
- File size sharing restrictions can be eliminated.
- Compliance with company security policy is achieved.
- Traditional printing paper costs are eliminated.
- Document analytics visibility is increased.
- Employee productivity and creativity are increased.
Features of Airwatch Mobile Content Management
- VMware Content Locker provides Secure Access to Content: Protect sensitive content in a corporate container and provide employees with any time, anywhere central access single point across Mobile, Desktop, and Web to all content. Apple, Android, and Windows devices can access the VMware Content Locker mobile application. Users are provided with two-way content synchronization from desktops to devices with VMware Content Locker Sync desktop client. Users can add, manage and share personal content with the web-based Self Service Portal.
- Data Loss Prevention and Enterprise-grade Security Policies: AD/LDAP, Kerberos, token and certificate-based methods authenticate users. ES 256-bit, FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption is used to encrypt content in transit, use, and rest. For advanced data loss prevention, configure restrictions including cut/copy/paste, offline viewing, printing, and emailing, as well as with ‘open in’ restrictions to open a file with a certain application. Deters malicious security threats and at the same time protects sensitive documents by applying static text or choose user-specific lookup values via dynamic watermarking.
- Flexible Content Storage in the Existing Repositories or Cloud: Flexible content storage options for cloud, on-premise, and hybrid deployments to meet the enterprise’s unique requirements. The AirWatch cloud, a public cloud, an existing content repository, or enterprise file share can host data. Existing network file systems can be integrated, including Office365, Box, SharePoint, OneDrive, and more. VMware Content Locker supports over 30 CMIS integrations.
- Sharing, Editing, Feedback, and Collaboration of Content: Allow users to share files and folders with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining control of the content. On shared files, editing, annotation, and commenting capabilities to promote team collaboration. Comment or @tag colleagues with the Activity Feed or add, delete or rename files or folders to review files when added by peers.
- Purpose-built Mobile Workflows: True mobile productivity is ensured by empowering field workers with exactly same functions and features on the go as their counterparts in the office. Users can securely create content, including Microsoft Office and text files, record audio, or capture photos and videos directly from their device. Files are not saved on the device itself but in the VMware Content Locker. Anytime, anywhere access is ensured by syncing saved files across all devices.
- Analytics with Complete Audit Trails and Content Dashboard: Real-time content dashboards in the AirWatch console to review and analyze content inventory at the enterprise, file, or at device level. File and user activity reports can be generated and exported. For instance, which users have downloaded a particular document, how many times a file has been opened, and etc. Version controls and user analytics provides a full control over audit trail content.
- Distribution Policies: Access rights and distribution in the web-based admin console by configuring content security settings. Distribution policies can be managed with Wi-Fi-only downloads, designate required content to download automatically, and set download priority levels.