Table of Contents
Android is a Linux-based operating system for devices such as Smart TVs, Smart Phones, and Tablet computers. It is a complete open-source set of software that can be termed a mobile operating system.
It supports different types of connectivity for GSM, CDMA, wi-fi, Bluetooth, etc., to transfer data. Moreover, it also supports various image formats like JPEG, MP3, etc.
We can run multiple applications simultaneously and switch in between, which means it supports multitasking.
Google launched the first version of Android, and after that, it released various versions like Apple Pie, Banana Bread, etc.
In today’s world of technology, Android programming is growing daily. As a result, companies are hiring candidates with expertise in android operating systems. This article will provide a list of interview questions asked in various technical rounds of the placement process.
- What is Android?
- Name the founder of Android.
- Explain the architecture of the Android application.
- List the various code names of Android.
- What are the advantages of Android?
- Name the languages that Android supports.
- What are the core building blocks of Android?
- Explain activity in Android.
- Describe the lifecycle method of android activity.
- What is the Intent?
- How are view elements identified in the android program?
- Explain Android toast.
- List down the various impotent folders in Android.
- Highlight the use of ‘bundle’ in Android.
- What is an application resource file?
- Explain the use of LINUX ID in Android.
- Is it possible to run the bytecode on Android written in Java?
- List the names of various storage that Android provides.
- How can we place layouts in Android?
- Where are arrangements placed in Java?
- For what purpose the implicit Intent in Android is used?
- Explain explicit Intent in Android.
- What can another activity in Android be called?
- What is a service in Android?
- Name the most commonly used database in Android.
- For what does ‘AAPT’ stands for?
- What is a content provider?
- What is a fragment?
- What is the ADB, and explain its use?
- What is NDK?
- What is ANR?
- Which dialog box will appear if the application is no longer responding?
- What is the Google Android SDK?
- What is an APK format?
- Name the various languages that Android support to develop an application.
- What is ADT in Android?
- Describe the View Group in Android.
- What is an Adapter in Android?
- Explain the nine-patch images tool in Android.
- Which kernel is used in Android?
- What is an application Widget in Android?
- Name the types of flags used to run an application on Android.
- Explain a singleton class in Android.
- Explain sleep mode in Android.
- What do you understand by a drawable folder in Android?
- Explain Dalvik Debug Monitor Server.
- Explain the various components of Android Architecture.
- What is a portable wi-fi hotspot?
- Name the different dialog boxes which Android supports.
- Name some of the exceptions in Android.
- Name the essential tools that are used to develop an Android app.
- How will you update UI from the service in Android?
- Which one is the best approach in Android among Serializable and Parcelable?
- How will you pass the data to sub-activities Android?
- Define the application resource file in Android.
- How will you change the name of an application after deployment?
- How does the android track the application on a process?
- Explain sticky Intent in Android.
- Is it possible to create an activity in Android without a user interface?
- Name the method that is called only once in a fragment life cycle.
- Explain a broadcast receiver.
- How can we supply construction arguments into a Fragment?
- Differentiate between Service and IntentService? Explain the use of each.
- Explain the term ‘launch modes.’
- Name the mechanisms that are used to define ‘launch modes.’
- Name the types of launch modes that are explicitly supported.
- Explain the key differences between Serializable and Parcelable.
- Explain the relationship between a fragment and an activity.
- Is it possible to use Intent to provide data to a ContentProvider?
- Describe the capabilities of DDMS.