Preface – This post is part of the Interview series.
Table of Contents
A firm’s data and performance are examined to obtain insights and make prospective data-driven decisions via statistical analysis. This process is known as business analytics. BA aims to focus on datasets that can boost profits, production, and efficiency. In this article, we will discuss top Business Analytics Interview Questions.
Basic Business Analytics Interview Questions
- What do you mean by flowchart?
- What do you mean by BCG Matrix?
- Differentiate between the analysis model and the design model.
- What do you mean by UML?
- State two types of diagrams used in BA.
- What do you mean by extends?
- Differentiate between a BRD and an FRD?
- What is the Difference between Fish Model and V Model?
- What do you mean by Benchmarking?
- What do you mean by Pareto Analysis?
- What do you mean 100-point method?
- State INVEST complete form and usage?
- Define Application Usability.
- Define OLTP Systems.
- What is Pugh Matrix?
- What is BPMN Gateway?
- What are the five elements of BPMN Gateway?
- What is FMEA?
- What is 8-omega?
- What are the factors in 8-omega?
- What is Kano Analysis?
- State some critical areas in a Kano Analysis.
- What are Personas?
- What is Pair-Choice Technique?
- State the difference between a pool and a swimlane.
- What is SIPOC?
Theoretical Business Analytics Interview Questions
- What do you mean by Data Collection Plan?
- What do you mean by SRS?
- What are the elements of SRS?
- What do you mean by Scope Creep and methods to avoid it?
- Why does Scope Creep occur?
- What do you mean by MSA?
- What do you mean by Gap Analysis?
- State the difference between a Risk and an Issue.
- What is a “Misuse Case”?
- What do you mean by Requirement Prioritization?
- State some techniques used for requirement prioritization.
- State some of the components of strategy analysis.
- What do you mean by RUP Methodology?
- Describe the uses of the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- What do you mean by Alternate Flow in Use Case Diagram?
- What do you mean by Affinity Diagram?
- As a business analyst, which tools are mainly used?
- What motivated you to be a business analyst?
- What makes you interested in this company?
- State some key strengths of a business analyst.
- Can you tell me about your most significant achievement?
- State a period when you failed to meet a deadline.
- What is your greatest weakness?
Practical Interview Questions
- State a period when you provided exceptional customer service to a client.
- State a period when you had to persuade someone to accept your decision.
- What do you follow to stay up-to-date on general business knowledge and trends?
- What makes you separate from the other candidates?