Linking the mobile devices and email server, Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) is a communication protocol designed for Email, calendar, and contacts synchronization. The devices receive the mails through the SEG server and not through the EAS server by configuring the EAS profile on the UEM console.
- On the UEM console, go to the Devices, navigate to Profiles & Resources, select Profiles and then select Add to create a new profile.
- The device is chosen platform:
A similar profile for each platform is formed if the admin is leveraging the SEG for multiple device operating systems.
- In the General tab section, enter the information about the Profile, and the Profile has to be assigned to the applicable organization groups and smart groups. The assignment type should be toggled as Auto or Optional.
- Click on configure under the Exchange ActiveSync. To access corporate mail through the SEG, customize the following parameters:
- From the drop-down menu, the Mail Client is selected that the organization intends for end-users to utilize. The end users have to download and install the Lotus Notes manually for Android Hub 4.2 and above.
- The hostname of the SEG server has to be made certain as the Exchange ActiveSync Host and not the Exchange server.
- Each user can acquire their own distinct Email by taking advantage of lookup values.
The password field should be left blank. Following the installation of Profile on the device, this evokes the end-user to enter a password.
- To start using secure mobile Email, click on Save and Publish.
When the admin wants to provision mobile Email, fabricate additional profiles for each device platform.