In Today’s Era, most of the employees use mobile devices for work purposes. To manage this huge usage of mobile devices for work is a burden for companies. So, Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is an assemblage of solutions, methods and technologies designed to secure corporate data on employees’ devices, applications and networks. It makes very easy for enterprises to enroll, manage, and secure devices.
Every Enterprise’s primary concern is to protect the company’s data, policies. So let’s learn more about EMM what it is and how it helps the organisations.
What is Enterprise Mobility Management?
EMM protects data through pin authentication, enterprise wipes, remote wipes, secure passcodes, encryption. Through various certificates for VPN, WiFi and Ethernet as well. Apps from unknown sources can’t get installed. It also makes it feasible to eliminate malicious apps upon identification. EMM can remotely lock devices in case of a cyber security incident.
Benefits of EMM
- Easy and simple to deploy
- Combination of MAM, MDM and other software
- Secure Enterprise data with compliance policies and able to detect potential risks
Why do we need EMM?
- reduces IT admins workloads
- increases a secure environment within organisation
- increases productivity
- monitors data on lost/stolen devices
Types of EMM
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Mobile Identity Management (MIM)
- Mobile Content Management (MCM)
Industry use cases for EMM Solutions
Best EMM solutions
- 42Gears SureMDM
- BlackBerry UEM
- ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus
- Miradore Online
- VMware Airwatch