A Salesforce Developer profile has a high demand and potential to earn great pay and get recognition in the industry, leading to job satisfaction and happiness. In this article, we will learn how to become a Salesforce Developer.
What does it take to become a Salesforce Developer?
It’s a long journey that demands a lot of hard work, dedication, and consistency in learning. Patience is also needed as it will take time to reach your imagined position. You need to be strong in the configuration as Salesforce Developers don’t jump directly on writing code. If config can’t solve any problem, then only coding is recommended. Try hard to clear the PDI or advanced certifications, as it will help you identify your area that needs improvement.
Desirable Skills for Salesforce Developers
Salesforce developers have knowledge of customization and configuration as well. Below are all the technical and soft skills for Salesforce developers.
- Security and Data Model
- Automation Tools (Workflow, Process Builder, Flows (Highly in demand))
- Apex – Class, Triggers, Asynchronous Apex, Testing
- Lightning Framework – Aura, LWC
- SOQL, SOSL
- APIs, VisualForce
- Logical Reasoning
- Communication Skills
and many more……
How Long Does It Take to Get Salesforce Certified?
There is no fixed answer for this as this depends on the individuals. Some experienced would take less time in comparison to fresher or less experienced. But, on average, it takes around 3-4 months to get Salesforce certified if someone is preparing it with dedication and discipline. Time taken by people to get certified depends on how much time they devote per day to their learning and the experience they already have.
How to Become a Salesforce Developer?
Steps to become a Salesforce Developer
- Be good in Salesforce Admin: Try to be strong in Salesforce Admin as its knowledge is also required to be a great Salesforce Developer. There are multiple certifications that Salesforce aspirants should pass.
- Salesforce Certified Admin
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Admin
- Salesforce Certified App Builder
- Bring Salesforce into your daily routine: It should be very normal or natural for you to navigate across your Salesforce org. And this can only be possible if you stay consistent with your practice. Start using Salesforce for your own tasks. E.g., tracking the job application.
- Clear Salesforce Platform Developer I (PD1) Certification: It is important to pass the PDI certification as you will gain more command while practicing for certifications.
- Join a Local Salesforce Developer Community Group membership: Becoming a member will help you make connections in this Salesforce industry where all levels of professionals openly share their knowledge or expertise to grow each other in every possible way.
- Join Salesforce Stack Exchange: It’s a Q&A platform where anyone can question or answer on various topics related to programming or other topics. You can ask your doubts and get the answer from industry experts.
- Find your Technical Mentor: A mentor can further guide you in the right direction wherever you feel you are lacking. So, the right guidance at the right time can lead your Salesforce journey to a point you never imagined. You can ask or take help from your mentor whenever you are getting stuck in your code.
- Identify your weak points and start working on them: Now here, apply for jobs and try to learn from your mistakes in your interview, and avoid repeating the same mistakes. Monitor your performance, fill the gaps, look for a scope of improvement, and then perform better in your interview.