A company conducts various interview rounds to measure the candidate’s technical and interpersonal skills. Based on these rounds, they shortlist the candidates for further process.
HR interview is one of the most important rounds of the interview process that are conducted to judge the candidate’s personality, strengths, and weaknesses and then understand whether the candidate is suitable for the job.
Importantly, such interview rounds decide how well the probable employee can fit into the company’s work culture.
Generally, these rounds are done at the start as well as at the end of the hiring process after the evaluation of technical skills.
It is always advisable to prepare in advance to crack this interview round because it can make or break your chance to join your dream company.
This article will see the most important and commonly asked HR interview questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Introduce yourself?
- Why are you interested in this role/job profile?
- What is the reason for leaving your current job?
- Brief about a work or school incident where you messed up the whole task?
- Tell me how you deal with your co-worker if you have conflicts with him?
- What knowledge you have gained about the IT industry so far?
- What do you know about this particular company?
- What will be your approach to improving the company’s current product/service?
- How would your current manager describe you?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What questions you would like to ask me?
- What are your greatest weaknesses and strengths?
- What change you are looking for after getting this job?
- What would you like to say about the gap in your resume?
- If you could rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, what would be the rating?
- Tell me about your greatest achievement so far?
- Give me a valid reason; why should I hire you?
- What are your ways to deal with criticism?
- What are your core values?
- Do you have any serious medical conditions that might affect your performance on the job?
- Highlight the difference between group and team?
- What do they love the most – working individually or working in a team?
- What is the main difference Hardwork and Smartwork?
- What, according to you, be a good work ethic?
- What are the things that you enjoy the most?
- How will you prove your interests/hobbies are beneficial for your job?
- Would you call yourself an organized person?
- Do you have good management skills? How do you use them on a typical day?
- Would you like to work on weekends too?
- What do you prefer more – Day shifts or Night shifts?
- What do you consider your chief motivation in life?
- Give me an example that shows your creativity?
- Compare and contrast Confidence and overconfidence?
- What are the things that make you angry?
- Describe your working style in just one word?
Behavioral HR Interview Questions
- Tell me about an instance when you were not satisfied with your performance?
- Have you ever been made to work under close supervision?
- What makes you happy at your workplace?
- Can you brief me about a time when you were happy with your job?
- Have you ever faced difficulty at work while working on a project?
- Give me an instance when you displayed leadership skills?
- How will you handle disagreements with your manager?
- What will be your approach if the priorities of a project get changed on which you are currently working?
Opinion Based HR interview Questions
- If you won a million-dollar lottery. Would you still be working?
- What would you do if you were working under a team leader with Bossy nature?
- What type of environment is an ideal environment for you?
- What does motivation mean to you?
- Do you have a dream company?
- How will you ensure your manager that a certain number of tasks will be done effectively?
- What would you like to be – being feared or being liked?
- If we hire you, for how long will you work for us?
- If you were reborn as an animal, which animal would you choose to be?
- Under what conditions would you lie for our company and to what extent?
- Will you compromise your ethics for your job?
- What is better according to you – Being perfect and delivering late or being good and delivering on time?
- What would you choose – Hardwork or Smartwork? And why?
- How many times in a day does the clock’s hand overlap?
- If you are given two vessels of capacity 3L and 5L capacity with an unending supply of water. How will you get 4L of water just by using two vessels?
Salary Related Questions
- What are your expectations related to salary?
- Would you like to tell me about your current salary?
- How much do you think you should pay by looking at your qualifications?
Job Specific HR Interview Questions
- What is the main reason for working with us?
- What makes you suitable for this job profile?
- Do you know about the work responsibilities of this job?
- Describe your managerial style?
- How easily do you adapt to new technology?
- What will be the approach to keep us up to date with new developments in the HR field?
- Will it be possible for you to mentor juniors in your office?
- How good are you at interviewing job applicants?
- If you have to fire someone from a position? How would you do that?
- Are you comfortable with rotational shifts?
Advanced level HR interview Questions
- What would you like to accomplish within your first year of employment?
- What will be your strategies for increasing the company’s revenue?
- How will you inform your co-worker about his/her poor performance?
- What will your way to reward your team members for their adequate work?
- What are the matrices to be taken under consideration that evaluates the performance?
- What is the most challenging part of the job for an executive?
- Give me an example of when you went above and beyond the call of duty in your current job?
- What sizes of organizations have you worked in?
- Name the companies you have worked in?
- Share your best and worst experiences at work so far?
- Name the technology you have learned recently?
- Tell us what you liked the most in that particular technology?
- Have you ever argued with your fellow employees?
- What positive traits have you learned from your previous job?
- What are the various areas where you think you need improvements?
- How would you increase communication between departments?
- What is your way of dealing with stress?
- Tell me your way of selling an idea to your team?
- How will your complaint about the employee to your supervisor?
- How would you ensure a successful employee onboarding process?
- Name three things that are most important for you at your workplace?
- What makes you different from other candidates?
- What will you do if you are not hired?
- Do you have any references for this company?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- Describe your personality in three words?
- Are you applying for other job profiles also?
- How will you prove yourself an asset to this organization?
- What is more important to you: Money or work?