Table of Contents
India has many leading technology companies and Infosys stands in the category of Indian multinational information technology companies that deals with business consulting, Information Technology, and Outsourcing services.
Founded in: Pune (1981)
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Salil Parekh
Though Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services, the selection and hiring process of this company is not so tough but a little bit tricky. They mainly focus on the aptitude level of the candidate and the technical knowledge.
The recruitment process contains 2-3 rounds of technical tests followed by Interview rounds.
Basic OOPs based Interview Questions
- Explain the term Object Oriented Programming.
- What is an object in OOPs?
- Explain a class.
- Explain the four pillars of OOPs.
- Name the process that allows cross-movement between parent and child classes.
- How overloading is different from overriding?
- What is a Constructor?
- Give me a valid reason to use OOPs.
- Explain some characteristics of OOPs.
- Name the process that groups information into a single unit.
- What are the drawbacks of OOPs?
- Highlight the main difference between Class and Structure.
- What do you know about access specifiers?
- Explain manipulators in OOPs and their working.
- Differentiate between Constructor and Method?
- Name some different forms of data in C++.
- Which among C, C++, and Java is better?
- Is it possible to call the main function from another function in C++?
- Does C language support function overloading?
- Explain the rules for creating a constructor.
DBMS and SQL-based Interview Questions
- What do you understand by SQL subsets?
- Explain DDL, DML, and DCL.
- How will you distinguish SQL and MySQL?
- Explain the three levels of data abstraction.
- Explain the functionality of the DML Compiler.
- Define Relational Algebra.
- What is Relational Calculus?
- What do you know about Query optimization?
- Elaborate on the property ‘Durability’ in DBMS.
- Define normalization and Denormalization.
- What is functional Dependency?
- Define attribute.
- Explain the two integrity rules in DBMS.
- Explain Extension and Intension.
- What do you understand by ACID properties?
- Explain tables and fields in the database.
- What is a primary key?
- Explain foreign key.
- How unique key is different from the primary and foreign keys?
- Is it possible to delete the primary key column values?
- What are the various constraints in SQL?
- What is an ALIAS command?
- Highlight the difference between TRUNCATE and DROP.
- Explain aggregate and scalar functions.
- Elaborate on the term ‘Datawarehouse’.
- What is an Auto Increment?
- Name the index that is used for easy retrieval of data from the database by altering the ways records are stored.
- What do you understand by the On Delete cascade constraint?
- Define subquery.
- What is a trigger?
Computer Networks and Software Testing-based Interview Questions
- Differentiate between a session and a socket?
- Explain TCP and UDP.
- Define SDLC.
- Explain the limitations of the waterfall model.
- Explain a network and node.
- What are the various testing techniques?
- What is the purpose of software testing verification and validation?
- Explain the various varieties of networks available.
- Name the various factors that affect the security of the network.
- Name the various factors that affect the reliability of the network.
- What are the various factors that make a network effective and efficient?
- What does DNS stand for?
- What do you understand by public IP address?
- Elaborate on the term ‘Active Directory Structure.
- What is a protocol?
- What is a Bug Life Cycle?
- Explain a test case.
- Highlight the differences between functional and non-functional testing.
- Explain the terms verification and validation in Software testing.
- Explain defects and their categories.
- Define coverage and various coverage techniques.
- Explain the relationship between environment reality and test phases.
- Explain Random testing.
- Explain the PDCA cycle.
- Tell me something about risk-based testing.
- What is Agile testing?
- Explain alpha and beta testing.
- Define Random/Monkey testing.
- What is the advantage of test independence?
- Explain the various types of performance testing.
Java-based Interview Questions
- Explain how to implement polymorphism in Java.
- Differentiate between stack and heap memory?
- What are the features of Java Programming language?
- Explain Java virtual machine.
- Differentiate between JDK, JRE, and JVM?
- Name the various memory areas allocated by JVM.
- Explain the JIT compiler?
- Define the Platform.
- What is a classloader?
- Write down the default value of the local variables.
- Explain the purpose of static methods and variables.
- What are the benefits of Packages in java?
- What is the value stored in Local Variables by default?
- Explain Association?
- Define Copy Constructor in Java.
- Explain Wrapper Classes in Java.
- Define Java String Pool.
- What is the use of the final keyword in java?
- Explain Late Binding?
- Elaborate on the term enumeration in Java.