Table of Contents
MySQL is a standard part of the LINUX server build (LAMP stack) but it is also available for other operating systems like Windows and macOS. Various versions of MySQL can be downloaded on your Mac device. This article will list the steps to do the same.
Steps to Install MySQL for Mac
This process will involve using Native Packages. The package is located inside a disk image (.dmg) file that you first need to mount by double-clicking on the icon. The image should then be mounted and the details of the contents will be displayed thereafter.
- The very first step in the process is to download the MySQL package installer. This can be found inside the image file. Double click on the image such that the contents are visible. You will see the package installer.
- Double click on the installer. The naming of the file is according to the version of MySQL.
- The installer will be launched on your screen. Click ‘Continue’ and the process will be started.
- You will see the MySQL Community Edition. It will contain a copy of the relevant GNU General Public License. Click Continue and Agree.
- Depending on the type of installation you want, you can either go for recommended or customize it according to your requirement. Once done, click on ‘Install’. The installation sequence will take a few minutes at maximum.
- After a successful installation, you will get a temporary root password. This password will have to be used when you will open MySQL for the first time, You can then change your password from ‘Settings’.