Table of Contents
MySQL is a standard part of the LINUX server build (LAMP stack) but it is also available for other operating systems like Windows and macOS. Various versions of MySQL can be downloaded on your Windows device.
How to Download MySQL
- If you want to download MySQL for your Windows computer, open the web browser and copy-paste this link there: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/.
- Clicking on this link will take you to the official webpage of mysql. Choose Microsoft Windows as your preferred Operating System.
- Two download options will appear on your screen. The first version is of size 20 Mb. It is a web community version that will only download the server. You will have the option of selecting other applications as per requirement. The second version is the full installer and has a size of 375 Mb. This installer will download the server as well as all the recommended applications. The recommended installer is the full version. Click on the ‘Download’ button next to it and the installer will be downloaded. Start the installer and follow the installation process as mentioned below.
How to Install MySQL
- Start the set up file and the installer will be launched. Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘Next’.
- The Setup Type window will open up next. Choose from the following options: Developer Default, Server Only, Client only, Full, or Custom and click ‘Next’.
- The installation will take a few seconds. Once done click ‘Finish’ to complete the process. Launch MySQL and start using it.