Table of Contents
A candidate had to go through several selection rounds like the coding test, a technical interview, and an HR interview in interview. A managerial round interview is the one in which the interviewee encounters the manager of the company. It is a formal interview and usually occurs at the last stage of the hiring process.
Managers of highly reputed companies come with years of experience and scan the candidate with their hawk eyes.
It is not difficult to crack such interviews but never take such meetings lightly. Your first impression in front of the manager decides your hiring result. So dress well in formal attire and behave like a gentleman. Give your best while answering all questions so that the interviewer finds you the one and the only deserving candidate they are looking for.
This blog will provide you with all types of managerial round interview questions. Go through all the questions and frame your answers accordingly to impress the panel.
Introductory interview questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- What are your qualifications?
- From where did you get to know about our company?
- How did you hear about this job?
- Who is your role model?
- What inspires/ motivates you?
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
- What are your core values?
- What are your hobbies?
- How will you prove yourself beneficial to this company?
- What makes you unique?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why should I hire you?
- Why should I reject you?
- What are your expectations from this company?
- Tell me something about your short-term and long-term goals?
- What will be your first choice -smart work or hard work?
- How many hours do you devote to your work?
- Highlight some skills and qualities do you think a successful professional should have?
- Describe the ideal job from your perspective?
- How would you describe yourself in a group of 15 work colleagues?
- What is your interpretation of success?
- Describe an ideal workplace or “the perfect job”?
- Tell me something about yourself that you would like us to know apart from things already discussed?
- What are you questions that you want to ask?
- How will you ensure us that your performance will enhance this industry as it is today?
- If you were an animal, which one would you be?
- Do you exchange words with strangers?
- Suggest a word that best describes you?
- How do you deal with stressful situations at your office?
Questions related to a candidate’s personal life are very rare to be asked by the interviewer.
- Tell me something about your family?
- What is your marital status?
- Do you have children?
- Describe your personality in 3 words?
- How will you maintain balance in your personal and professional life?
Interpersonal skills related Questions
- What interpersonal skills do you possess?
- What are your strengths?
- Have you ever had a problem with your co-worker?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Tell me about your last experience as a team leader?
- How will you deal with conflicts in your professional life?
- How would your friends/ family members describe you?
- What remarks did you get from your boss?
- Tell me about your management style?
- Describe your work style is not more than 3 words?
- Name three things that are important for you?
Questions about your work history
- Can you please walk me through your resume?
- Give me a solid reason for the decision of leaving your current job?
- Explain the gaps in your work history?
- Tell me about your hard times at your workplace?
- How did you handle difficult work experiences?
- What are the qualities that you gained from your past job?
- What is an accomplishment you are proud of?
- What is the typical workday like for you?
- Rate your discipline and punctuality?
- Give me an example of when you went above and beyond the call of duty in your current job?
- What sizes of organizations have you worked in?
- Name the companies you have worked in?
- What was the best and worst job experience you have ever had?
- Name the technology you have learned recently?
- Tell us what you liked the most in that particular technology?
- Have you ever argued with your fellow employees?
- What positive traits have you learned from your previous job?
Interview questions related to the job position
- How do you find yourself the best deserving candidate for this job position?
- Do you have any relevant experience in this position?
- What interests you about this job?
- How does this job profile fit in with your career plans?
- When could you start work?
- What enables you to do a great job?
- Are you confident enough to get placed in this job position?
- What do you know about our company?
- Have you tried our product?
- What is your feedback on the product?
- Tell me some loopholes in this product?
- Do you know any of our employees?
- What makes an organization the “best place to work”?
- What contributions do you make in the initial days if we hire you?
- Are you ready to travel if your job position demands so?
- Would you relocate for this job position?
- What hesitation or reluctance would you have in accepting this job?
Questions on strengths and weaknesses
- What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
- How do your strengths help you to achieve your tasks?
- What are your ways of dealing with high-pressure situations?
- Tell me about your greatest professional achievement?
- Tell me about your weakness?
- How do you overcome your weak points?
- What is your current salary (and bonus)?
- What are your salary requirements for this position?
- Why are you choosing this job for less money than you got earlier?
Stress Related Interview Questions
- How this interview process is going according to you?
- If your supervisor is criticizing you, how will you handle this?
- For how many other job profiles you have already applied?
- What would be your reaction if your colleague took credit for your idea and got an appraisal?
- How would you feel if you got rejected in this interview?
- How many steps did you take while walking from the door to the chair?
- What is your approach to preventing a situation from getting too stressful?
- If you are assigned multiple tasks at a time, how would you organize yourself to produce the best output?
- If you had a hectic schedule all day, could you be productive for the rest of the day?
- How will you handle the situation calmly if a customer or client verbally insults you?