Workspace One Mobile Content Management is a type of content management system (CMS) which enables the delivery and storage of content and services to endpoint devices, such as mobile phones, smartphones, and PDAs. Workspace One Content Management technology enables enterprises to ensure timely information and functionality to business partners and mobile workforces in an efficient way.
Communication and connectivity among employees via sharing data and content is a key aspect of any kind of organization. To stay updated with recent developments, employees in an enterprise need to securely access and share information remotely and securely at all times. This led to the growth and development of the Content Management System (CMS).
Demand for mobile content management increased as mobile devices became increasingly ubiquitous and sophisticated. MCMS technology initially focused on the mobile marketplace as the initial focus was on the business-to-consumer (B2C) mobile marketplace with text messaging, news, ringtones, games, and other kinds of content. Business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-employee (B2E) products were developed as well for more timely information and functionality to business partners and mobile workforces in an increasingly efficient manner.
Mobile Content Management
Features, discrete systems, modules, or add-ons of larger content management systems are some of the ways. Mobile content management systems may exist and are capable of multi-channel content delivery. Specific device constraints which make Mobile content delivery unique are widely variable device capacities, small screen size, limited wireless bandwidth, small storage capacity, and comparatively weak device processors.
Key Features Of MCMs Technology
- Multi-Channel Content Delivery: Mobile devices such as mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices can deliver and receive content while simultaneously managing a central content repository with Multi-Channel Content Delivery. To content stored in a raw format, Device-specific presentation styles can be applied (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Text, HTML, etc.)
- Content Access Control: With additional features like time-specific access, wipe-out for a specific user, and download control, the admin can provide Authorization, Authentication, and access approval to each piece of content. A password and user ID are necessary for basic Authentication. For higher grade security, IP authentication and mobile device authentication are supported.
- Specialized templating systems: A very wide range of target devices with different capacities and limitations support Mobile CMS templates as opposed to traditional web content management systems that can only manage templates for only a limited number of web browsers. Multi-client and multi-site methods are available for adapting templates. In multi-client and templates, all versions of a site at the same domain(e.g., sitename.com) can be seen and are presented based on the device client used for viewing. Under a multi-site approach, the mobile site is on a targeted sub-domain (e.g., mobile.sitename.com).
- Location-based content delivery: Based on current physical location, Targeted content (maps, directions, information, advertisements, etc.) is delivered to mobile devices. Taking advantage of location-aware content delivery possible, Navigation systems are specialized systems in GPS technology incorporating mobile phone functionality.
Features of Workspace One Mobile Content Management
- For any time, anywhere access to corporate content, Workspace One Content Management System is utilized. Workspace One Content Management is a product under Content Management System (CMS) Solution. To access sensitive company data, free file-sharing services are used in many organizations putting organizations’ corporate data at risk. While ensuring the security of corporate data, organizations can increase mobile productivity by providing users secure access to the most recent corporate content on their mobile devices, with Workspace One Content Management, regardless of where it’s stored. A corporate container segregates enterprise data from personal data and protects sensitive content on BYOD devices. To securely access, distribute and collaborate on the different kinds of data, users are provided with a central application for more productivity on the go. The different types of data secured by Workspace One are:
- Board Books
- Sensitive Emails
- Email Attachments
- Corporate Data
- Medical Records
- Patient Charts
- Training Materials
- Product Information
- Financial Reports
- Employee Handbooks
- Electronic Flight Bags
- Product Inventory
- Legal Briefs
- Employee Handbooks
- Classified Documents
- VMware Content Locker provides Secure Access to Content: Provide employees with any time, anywhere central access single point while protecting sensitive content in a corporate container and across Mobile, Desktop, and Web to all content repositories. Apple, Android, and Windows devices can access the VMware Content Locker mobile application to securely access enterprise data. From desktops to devices with VMware Content Locker Sync desktop client, users are provided with two-way synchronization of content. With the web-based Self Service Portal, users can add, manage and share personal content.
- Data Loss Prevention and Enterprise-grade Security Policies: AD/LDAP, Kerberos, token and certificate-based technologies are used to authorize and authenticate users. To encrypt content in transit, in use, and at rest, ES 256-bit, FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption is used. Configure restrictions including cut/copy/paste, offline viewing, printing, and emailing for advanced data loss prevention, as well as with ‘open in’ restrictions to open a file with a certain application. By applying static text, deter malicious security threats and protect sensitive documents or choose user-specific lookup values via dynamic watermarking.
- Flexible Content Storage in the Existing Repositories or Cloud: To meet the unique requirements of the enterprise, Flexible content storage options for cloud, on-premise, and hybrid deployments. An existing content repository or enterprise file share, the Workspace One cloud, a public cloud, can be used to host data. Existing network file systems can be integrated, including Office365, Box, SharePoint, OneDrive, and more. Over 30 CMIS integrations are supported by VMware Content Locker.
- Sharing, Editing, Feedback, and Collaboration of Content: With internal and external stakeholders, allow users to share files and folders while maintaining control of the content. To promote team collaboration on shared files, editing, annotation, and commenting capabilities are provided. To review files when added by peers, comment, or @tag colleagues with the Activity Feed or add, delete or rename files or folders.
- Purpose-built Mobile Workflows: By empowering field workers with the same functionality on the go, True mobile productivity is ensured as their counterparts in the office. Users can securely create content, including record audio, Microsoft Office, and text files, or capture photos and videos directly from their device. VMware Content Locker is used to save files and is not saved on the device itself. By syncing saved files, Anytime, anywhere, access is ensured across all devices.
- Analytics with Complete Audit Trails and Content Dashboard: In the Workspace One console, Real-time content dashboards to view content inventory at the organization, file, or device level. File and user activity reports can be generated and exported externally. For instance, which users have downloaded a particular document, how many times a file has been opened, and more. Version controls and user analytics provide a full audit trail.
- Distribution Policies: In the web-based admin console, access rights and distribution by configuring content security settings. Distribution policies can be managed by designating required content to download automatically with Wi-Fi-only downloads and setting download priority levels.
Benefits of Workspace One Mobile Content Management
- Across repositories, access all content at a single point
- Real-time access on the go to the most recent content
- Data loss Prevention(DLP) of confidential documents and sensitive information
- Seamless collaboration across teams can be achieved
- File size sharing restrictions can be eliminated, enabling more connectivity
- Compliance with company security policy is achieved, and non-compliant devices are red-listed
- Conventional printing paper costs are eliminated
- Document analytics visibility is enhanced
- Employee productivity and creativity are enhanced