Table of Contents
- Mention “How the data shared by the users are used”
- Mention “Cookies Policies”
- Mention “GDPR compliance and how you follow it”
- Mention “CCPA compliance and how you follow it”
- Mention “Advertisement Policies”
- Mention “Analytics Policies and what all are getting tracked.”
Disclaimer in WordPress
A Disclaimer is a page where you can let the readers know that certain content is not owned by you and you do not have any authorisation to sell it. In this way, you save yourself from future litigation.
To create a disclaimer page, go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard, toggle onto the menu, select the page, and add a new page, Disclaimer.
For your reference, you can read this Disclaimer.
Things that should be included in the Disclaimer:
- Damage Claims
- Third-Party & Sponsor Ads
- Content & Copyrights
- Removal Policy
- Contact Us
Terms and Conditions in WordPress
A terms and conditions page is required in a website to let the viewers know that they can only use the service offered to them, given that they agree to the terms and conditions applied by the administrators of the site. This, too, can be done through the WordPress dashboard.
Toggle onto pages, and when the page editor opens, type Terms and Conditions in the title field.
For your reference, you can read these Terms and Conditions.
Things that should be included in the Terms and Conditions:
- Terms stating what all is free for users
- Terms stating what all will be tracked in case the user uses services
- Terms stating that the user will not attack the website or get involved in any illegal activity
- Terms stating what all is allowed and what all is prohibited
- You need to show all the pages create above somewhere within your website. You can show them in the menu by adding the pages manually.
- If you have issues creating the above files, use an automatic generator via the WordPress plugin WP Legal Pages.
- If you are writing policies related to GDPR and CCPA, then it is mandatory to get them accepted via users first. Use plugin Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR / CCPA