Python is an object-oriented, high-level, interpreted programming language. It is designed to be a highly readable language. It is very easy to learn the source code of this language as it uses English keywords frequently, whereas other languages use punctuation. Moreover, it is a language with fewer syntactical constructions as compared to other programming languages.
Various applications of python are:
- A broad standard library
- Interactive mode
This article will discuss the interview questions related to python programming language from beginner to advanced level.
Python Interview Questions for Beginners
- Explain Python programming language?
- List the Benefits of python?
- Why python is a dynamically typed language?
- Explain “Python is an interpreted language”?
- Do you know about PEP 8, and why is it important?
- Explain the scope in python?
- Define Lists and tuples?
- Explain the key difference between List and tuples?
- Name the common built-in data types in python?
- What is pass in Python?
- What are packages and modules in python?
- Explain global, protected, and private attributes in Python?
- Highlight the use of self in Python?
- What is “init”?
- Explain break, continue, and pass in python?
- What are unit tests in python?
- What is docstring in Python?
- What is slicing in python?
- Write the syntax to make the Python Script executable on Unix?
- What is the key difference between Python Arrays and lists?
- Is python a case-sensitive language?
- For how long an identifier be in Python?
- How will you convert a string into lowercase?
Python Interview Questions for Experienced
- Explain how memory is managed in Python?
- Explain Python namespaces and their uses?
- What is Scope Resolution in Python?
- What are decorators in Python?
- What are Dict and List comprehensions?
- Define lambda in Python? What are its uses?
- How will you copy an object in Python?
- Highlight the difference between xrange and range in Python?
- Define unpickling and pickling in pyhton?
- What are generators in Python?
- List the uses of help() and dir() functions?
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files?
- Explain how arguments are passed by value and passed by reference in python?
- What are iterators in Python?
- How to delete a file in Python?
- Discuss the use of split() and join() functions in Python?
- What do you know about **kwargs and *args in context with a python programming language?
- Define negative indexes and their uses?
- How to remove a duplicate element from a list in python?
- Explain the life cycle of a thread?
- Explain the purpose of bytes() in Python?
Python OOPS Interview Questions
- How will create a class in Python?
- Explain the concept of inheritance in Python with an example?
- How will you access parent members in the child class?
- Does Python make use of Access specifiers?
- Is it possible to call a parent class without creating its class?
- How will you create an empty class in python?
- Mention the key difference between new and override modifiers?
- Why do we use finalize method in Python?
- Explain the ‘init’ method in Python?
- Name the method used to check if a class is a child of another class?
Python Pandas Interview Questions
- Explain pandas with reference to Python programming language?
- Define pandas dataframe?
- How will combine different pandas DataFrame?
- Is it possible to create a series from the dictionary object in pandas?
- How to identify the missing values in DataFrame? How to handle such a situation?
- Define reindexing in pandas?
- Write a code to add a new column to pandas DataFrame?
- How to delete indices from a DataFrame?
- How to delete rows and columns from a dataframe?
- Is it possible to access the items available in series A that are not available in series B?
- How do you access those items that are not common to both series A and B?
- When we import data from different sources, does the pandas library recognize dates?
Numpy Interview Questions
- What do you know about Numpy?
- List the various reasons for using Numpy arrays over python lists?
- Write the code to create 1D, 2D, and 3D arrays?
- You are provided with a NumPy array and a new column as inputs. How will you delete the second column? How to replace the column with a new column value?
- Name the method that is used to efficiently load data from a text file?
- How to read CSV data into an array in Numpy?
- Sort the array based on the Nth column?
- How will find the nearest value in a given NumPy array?
- Write a one-line code to reverse the Numpy array?
- Write the code to find the shape of any given NumPy array?
Python Libraries Interview Questions
- Differentiate between a module and a package in python?
- Name the most commonly used built-in modules in Python?
- Explain Lambda functions?
- How to generate random numbers in Python?
- Is it possible to check if all the characters in the given string are alphanumeric?
- Define Global Interpreter Lock?
- Define Pythonpath?
- Define PIP?
- Is there any tool available in python for identifying bugs?
- Name the tool used for performing static analysis in python?
- Differentiate between deep and shallow copies?
- What is the main function in python?
- How to invoke the main function in python?
Python Programming based Interview Questions
- Write a function in python that takes a variable number of arguments?
- Write a program that takes a sequence of numbers as input and checks if all numbers are unique?
- Write a program for counting the number of every character of a given text file?
- Perform a palindrome check over a string without using the iterative method?
- Write a program to execute the Bubble sort algorithm?
- Write a program to produce Star triangle in python?
Advanced level Python Interview Questions
- Explain monkey patching in python?
- Explain Regression in Python?
- Explain Classification in Python?
- Is it possible to split the data in train and test dataset in python? If yes, how?
- What is a Support Vector Machine?
- Write the easiest way to calculate percentiles in python?