Table of Contents
Company Settings in Salesforce is the compilation of all the information about the organization. It’s usually filled in when the org is set up, but as the company moves operations or expands globally, we’ll need to update it.
Before we learn to update the Company Settings, let’s see what it consists of:
Locale Settings determine how Users view the information in the org. It defines the display formats for usernames, addresses, dates and times, and commas and periods in numbers. The admin is responsible for setting up the Locale Settings for the org, but Users can set a personal locale if they’re based in a different location.
Let’s look at what the Locale Settings consist of:
How to Update Company Information
Let’s update the company information in our Trailhead Playground. Let’s perform this configuration in a new Trailhead Playground.
1. From Setup, you need to enter the Company Info in the Quick Find Box and thereafter select Company Information.
2. Click Edit.
3. Update the following Company Information:
- Zip/Postal Code
4. Update the following Locale Settings:
- Default Locale
- Default Time Zone
5. Click Save.
That’s it! We just updated the company information of our org! Let’s take a look at how to update the Fiscal Year:
1. From Setup, enter Fiscal Year in the Quick Find Box and select Fiscal Year.
2. Select the following:
- Fiscal Year Start Month: April
- Fiscal Year is Based On: The starting month
3. Click Save, and then click OK.
How to Update Personal Locale
The Company Information page includes the company’s default language, time zone, and locale. What if we have an employee outside the headquarters?
Example: We have a Vietnamese-speaking employee situated in Indiana who works with clients in Vietnam. Yes, Salesforce has a solution for that too! Let’s see how we can accommodate this User.
1. Click the profile icon in the top-right corner.
2. Click Settings.
3. Enter Language in the Quick Find Box and select Language and Time Zone.
4. Select the following information:
- Time Zone: (GMT – 05:00) Eastern Standard Time (America/ Indiana/Indianapolis)
- Locale: Vietnamese (Vietnam) (Don’t click save after unless you know Vietnamese!)
5. Click Save.