Preface – This post is part of the Salary series.
Table of Contents
A computer engineer combines electrical engineering and information technology to create modern technology. Computer engineers, information security experts, and system engineers make up the second-largest category of IT occupations, according to CompTIA.
Computer engineers contribute to developing networks, robotics, and other computer-based technologies in addition to personal electronics. This position typically involves a significant amount of testing, research & development, and quality control. Those who enjoy technology and solving problems may be interested in computer engineering.
Computer engineers operate in teams with software developers and other tech experts. Most of the workforce holds a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, and the field demands excellent backgrounds in science and mathematics. Additional work opportunities may result from certifications in software, computer languages, or hardware systems.
In this article, we will discuss the Salary of a Computer Engineer.
As a Computer Engineer, you will be given these responsibilities (based on your technical background or project):
A. In case you are either selected as a support engineer or security engineer:
- Validity testing on both new and updated motherboards.
- Create ideas for new computer hardware and offer them to management.
- Design and oversee the manufacturing of computer hardware.
- Work closely with the network support staff to find and fix network faults and plan networking expansions.
- Work together with the developer team to build additional mobile apps as necessary while supporting the IP PBX infrastructure.
- Provide technical assistance to the executive staff for any Internet-enabled apps and internal network operations.
- To guarantee that the company’s accounts are safe from potential hacking risks, keep an eye on them.
- Create network test procedures that will assist the network architect in understanding the impact of various network changes on the platform of the entire business.
B. In case you are selected as a Developer:
- You will be assigned to an ongoing project as a shadow developer (one not exposed to the client)
- Your responsibility will be to learn the basics of technology and support the project whenever required
- Your responsibility will also be to work on various PoCs and come up with new ideas.
- You will also be assigned support tickets so that you can understand the project.
The demand for computer engineering has increased significantly in India due to the quickly expanding IT business and technological field. A very comprehensive system, computer engineering or a B. Tech in computer science teaches students about various techniques, computer architecture and organization, networking, DBMS, operating systems, programming, website design, computation, e-commerce, software and hardware studies, multimedia applications, and more. After completing a B.Tech in CS, firms can give between ten and thirty lakhs per year. Students looking for employment with governmental organizations take the GATE exam, and the organization they wish to be hired by evaluates their scorecard. Computer engineers can flourish at MNCs, NGOs, and private companies like Google, Infosys, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, HCL, Amazon, Flipkart, Adobe, etc.
Salary of a Computer Engineer in India (INR)
|Junior Developer||5.8 LPA|
|Senior Developer||18 LPA|
Salary of a Computer Engineer in Singapore (SGD)
|Junior Developer||59K PA|
|Senior Developer||92K PA|
Salary of a Computer Engineer in the USA (USD)
|Junior Developer||93K PA|
|Senior Developer||115K PA|
Salary of a Computer Engineer in Britain (GBP)
|Junior Developer||50K PA|
|Senior Developer||70K PA|
Salary of a Computer Engineer in Europe (EURO)
|Junior Developer||49K PA|
|Senior Developer||80K PA|
Salary of a Computer Engineer in Australia (AUD)
|Junior Developer||62K PA|
|Senior Developer||138K PA|
Note: Here, PA stands for Per Annum, i.e., Annual Income.