Preface – This post is part of the Salary series.
Table of Contents
The procedure of creating a video game is referred to as game development. The game you see on your screen results from many different roles coming together. A game designer is a software developer who creates video games using their technical expertise.
Game developers can contribute to the conception of a game, the creation of assets such as graphics and sounds, the writing of the game’s code, the enhancement of the player experience, ongoing game screening, and much more.
You don’t have to write code in order to participate in the game development process. A Tester may become involved to ensure that the game performs as anticipated.
Tools like libGDX and OpenGL are used to solve issues game frameworks had. They provided many pre-made functions and features, which made game development much faster and simpler. As is frequently the case in the game development scene, it was still difficult for someone without a programming background to break into the field or comprehend a framework.
In this article, we will discuss the Salary of a Game Developer.
As a Game Developer, you will be given these responsibilities:
- Programming languages like C++ and C# are used to design, establish, and convey systems and high-quality code.
- To guarantee code quality, conduct code reviews.
- Debug code to make existing code better designed.
- Quality testing in an organized identify errors or bugs and notes precisely the spot where the error is.
- Debug software and resolve challenging technical issues that arise during game production.
- To complete a project, work together with the other members of the games development team.
- Collaborate closely with designers, artists, and other staff members to produce a high-quality product on time.
- To guarantee a game is finished on time, you must be able to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- By 2023, the world will have 3 billion players worldwide.
- Between 2020 and 2025, the global gaming market will expand at a CAGR of 12%.
- The global esports market is expanding at a 30% yearly rate.
- The market for mobile games is expanding at a rate of 25.5% annually.
Salary of a Game Developer in India (INR)
|Junior Developer||12 LPA|
|Senior Developer||21.9 LPA|
Salary of a Game Developer in Singapore (SGD)
|Junior Developer||75K PA|
|Senior Developer||91.1K PA|
Salary of a Game Developer in the USA (USD)
|Junior Developer||111.5K PA|
|Senior Developer||141.2K PA|
Salary of a Game Developer in Britain (GBP)
|Junior Developer||52K PA|
|Senior Developer||84K PA|
Salary of a Game Developer in Europe (EURO)
|Junior Developer||83K PA|
|Senior Developer||120K PA|
Salary of a Game Developer in Australia (AUD)
|Junior Developer||80K PA|
|Senior Developer||142K PA|
Note: Here, PA stands for Per Annum, i.e., Annual Income.