Preface – This post is part of the Salary series.
Table of Contents
An IT specialist with a broad understanding of development and operations, including programming, systems management, operating systems, and DevOps toolchains, is a DevOps engineer. Because they collaborate across organizational silos to foster a more collaborative workplace, DevOps engineers should also have strong communication skills.
DevOps engineers must be well-versed in standard system design, provisioning, and administration, as well as in the conventional developer toolkit and techniques like using source control, performing code reviews, creating unit tests, and conversing with agile principles.
Digital technology and software development need the integration of many intricate parts. DevOps engineers concentrate on resolving software and hardware issues so that the components function well together. For example, a project incorporating multiple systems may encounter difficulties because there isn’t a standard data format or because one system is significantly older than the others.
In this article, we will discuss the Salary of DevOps Engineer.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be given these responsibilities:
- Put in place diverse IT infrastructure, testing, developing, and implementing the automation technologies.
- Manage the team’s composition, activity, and participation in project management tasks.
- Manage outside interfaces and users.
- Establish the tools and infrastructure needed.
- Design and establish the development, testing, release, updates, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Must know strategies for troubleshooting and addressing issues in the code.
- Review the processes for compliance throughout the whole lifecycle and upgrade or develop new procedures for improvement and waste reduction.
- Whenever possible, promote and develop automated processes.
- Determine and implement cybersecurity measures while continuously managing risk and doing vulnerability assessments.
- Analyze the root cause and incident management.
- Internal team collaboration and customer communication are required.
The DevOps market is expanding and is projected to reach US$ 287.9 billion by 2026. DevOps experts can choose from various jobs and duties, including DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineer, Building Engineer, Platform Engineer, etc. The market wage for a DevOps engineer is the average income for DevOps engineer is 8.0 LPA, and the salary ranges from 6.2 lakhs to 11 lakhs. So, DevOps is an excellent professional path.
Salary of DevOps Engineer in India (INR)
|Junior Developer||10 LPA|
|Senior Developer||22.4 LPA|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in Singapore (SGD)
|Junior Developer||54K PA|
|Senior Developer||72K PA|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in the USA (USD)
|Junior Developer||107K PA|
|Senior Developer||160K PA|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in Britain (GBP)
|Junior Developer||55K PA|
|Senior Developer||180K PA|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in Europe (EURO)
|Junior Developer||75K PA|
|Senior Developer||85K PA|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in Australia (AUD)
|Junior Developer||123K PA|
|Senior Developer||163K PA|
Note: Here, PA stands for Per Annum, i.e., Annual Income.