Preface – This post is part of the Salary series.
Table of Contents
The high-level programming language ABAP, developed by SAP, aids in the customization of the SAP ERP by big businesses. Many problem statements such as financial accounting, asset management, materials management, and others are modified with ABAP’s aid. SAP’s current development environment supports both ABAP and Java, NetWeaver. In SAP, ABAP stands for Advanced Business Application.
You can use ABAP programs to manage the runtime system, an SAP kernel runtime framework component that permits an ABAP query process. It contains the displays’ logic and reacts to user actions like mouse hover or clicks.
In this article, we will discuss the Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer.
- It is a must to carry out development tasks, problem analysis, fixing bugs, operational fixes, and troubleshooting.
- Comprehend the client’s business operations and connections with upstream and downstream systems.
- Should be able to function as an independent contributor, be a go-getter, see things through to completion, and own the tasks.
- It’s beneficial to have technologically sound SD expertise.
- Working in the integration space was necessary.
- Create ABAP solutions following the specifications in the design document.
- An extra advantage is knowing SAP Fiori and S/4 HANA.
- Participate in difficult code reviews and offer suggestions.
- Participate in project activities for different SAP modules
- working with the portal development team.
- SAP deployment in European nations has ABAP support.
- Engage with the IT delivery teams, analysts, and architects to comprehend the functional needs.
- Create and put into practice improvements/changes utilizing ABAP technology for SAP-compliant BAU and minor modifications.
- Understanding of SAP Technologies like SAP ABAP, SAP HANA, SAP CDS, SAP NetWeaver Gateway, SAP UI5/Fiori, SAP Business Technology Platform, and SAP Cloud Integration APIs.
- Understanding of SAP IDEs like SAP WebIDE and SAP Business Application Studio (BAS)
Programmers have a solid career chance with ABAP, given the level of commitment required. An individual might begin as a trainee by joining the SAP community. They might subsequently be led by a junior advisor or a senior consultant, and eventually, they might become lead advisors after some time. An ABAP consultant receives a monthly compensation of 50,000 INR on average.
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in India (INR)
|Junior Developer||6.5 LPA|
|Senior Developer||25 LPA|
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in Singapore (SGD)
|Junior Developer||78K PA|
|Senior Developer||93K PA|
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in the USA (USD)
|Junior Developer||105.7K PA|
|Senior Developer||156K PA|
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in Britain (GBP)
|Junior Developer||80K PA|
|Senior Developer||140K PA|
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in Europe (EURO)
|Junior Developer||70K PA|
|Senior Developer||170K PA|
Salary of an SAP ABAP Developer in Australia (AUD)
|Junior Developer||99K PA|
|Senior Developer||122.9K PA|
Note: Here, PA stands for Per Annum, i.e., Annual Income.