Table of Contents
In a world that’s constantly on the move, our mobile phones have become an indispensable part of our lives. Whether we’re on the metro or grabbing a quick cup of coffee, we still need to get our work done. And now that’s possible with the all-new, all-powerful Salesforce Mobile App. Available on both iOS and Android, we can now run our business from our phone or tablet.
What is the Salesforce Mobile App?
The Salesforce Mobile App provides instant, real-time access to our CRM data from our mobile devices. The App gives us the same information as the desktop version but makes working between meetings effortless. Working on a small screen compared to our large desktop may seem less than ideal at times, but as Admins, we can tweak the mobile version to fit the needs of our Users.
What are the features of the Salesforce Mobile App?
Here’s why we should be tapping the potential of this App:
- Cross Platform – The app is available on both Android and iOS.
- Offline capabilities – Your metro commute or a flaky network connection will not come in the way of your work.
- No Setup – The app is plug-and-play, simply download the app, and you’re good to go!
- Independent of your Licence – The app is included with every Salesforce license.
- Customizable – It’s a platform and not just an App. Make the app your own using point-and-click tools.
- An Extension of the Desktop version – Switch between the two seamlessly.
What is the concept of Metadata in the Salesforce Mobile App?
Metadata is data that describes other data, and if you look back, you may remember that Metadata is integral to the core architecture of Salesforce.
Example: When you create a Contact record, you are creating both metadata and data. The fields, first name and last name, are metadata, and Jane and Doe are data.
Metadata makes customizations seamless on the platform. It differentiates Salesforce from a simple database and makes it a platform!
Why is all this relevant to the App, you may ask – As soon as you log in to your org from the App, most of the customizations you made in your org are automatically available on the app. This is possible due to the power of Metadata. Your apps read all those definitions and display your data according to that.
What is DreamHouse Realty?
DreamHouse is a sample application by Salesforce that displays the unique selling proposition (USP) of Lightning Experience and how it differs from other CRMs on the market.
DreamHouse Realty is a flourishing real estate business with over 75 brokers. They’re already using Salesforce to grow their business, but they’re planning to take it a step further by adopting the Salesforce App. After talking to a few brokers and identifying the most common tasks the brokers perform on a daily basis when they’re in the field, we’ve come up with a few use cases that need to be translated into mobile customizations.
Over the next couple of days, we’ll be setting up those use cases and getting the Salesforce Mobile up and running for these brokers.
Download the Salesforce Mobile App
Let’s download the app from the App Store for iOS devices:
1. Open the AppStore on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Search for Salesforce.
3. Install the App on your mobile device.
4. Open the App once it’s done installing.
5. Log into either your Production org or Sandbox using the app.
Enter your credentials – Username and Password, and you’re good to go!
A couple of points to keep in mind!
- Ensure your mobile device meets the minimum requirement before downloading the app.
- Choose your working environment – production or sandbox.
- The app can’t do everything, be aware of the limitations and functional gaps.