Table of Contents
With increasing number of organisations, assets are also increasing rapidly. And managing these assets has become a cumbersome task because of endless endpoints such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, etc. UEM i.e., Unified Endpoint Management tool is one of the best ways to ensure that devices are properly managed, secured, well patched and accessible within one console.
Unified Endpoint Management is an umbrella approach for managing all the endpoints of an organisation centrally. It is an evolution of Mobile Device Management. UEM allows IT admins to secure, manage and deploy business applications on any device / multiple devices through one single console.
Why is UEM important?
UEM is one source to all the features required in an organisation. IT admins can manage MAM – app deployment to multiple endpoints securely, various businesses which are part of the organisation can be accessed through organisational groups, easily push out device compliance policies, certificates, baselines, etc.
Key Features of UEM Solutions
- Automated / Increase Productivity
It is a highly automated and integrated tool that reduces the IT workload and encourage the teams to troubleshoot rapidly without any fuss and eventually it leads to increasing the productivity.
- Single-Solution Architecture
UEM helps in avoiding the complicated integrations as it is a single, centralized platform with all the necessary and required features
- Helps improving IT security
Security is a primary concern for an organisation. A UEM makes it easy for IT admins to track all the suspicious activities across all endpoints.
- Improved Visibility
Enterprises can monitor inventory, applications installed in them, usage of apps, compromised devices, and lot more using UEM. It’s just not finding out the vulnerabilities it also helps in troubleshooting, diagnosing the issues remotely.
Benefits of Unified Endpoint Management
- UEM works across multiple platforms (Desktops, laptops, macOS, etc.) It gives ease to IT admins to configure, control and monitor any device from single management console.
- It helps in protecting sensitive company data with compliance guidelines, conditional user access, automated rules enforcement and ability to redress threats.
- It enables admins to audit, track and report endpoints for applications installed/ not installed, managed/ not managed