Table of Contents
Edge containers are a resource for cloud computing that is located closer to the users to avoid latency and improve user experience. The containers are ideal for running applications on edge devices with modern technology like AI and IoT. The number of devices increases day by day, and the demand for smart devices is also growing rapidly. Due to this demand, edge containers and cloud services are also increasing. People are investing more in smart devices such as smart homes, cars, smartphones, smart TVs, smart bulbs, and intelligent ACs. These devices run with the help of IoT on the user’s side. In this article, we will grab some information on edge containers and how they work with edge computing.
What is Edge Containers?
The edge containers are a decentralized resource on the users signed to distribute computer, storage, and network resources. It has helped in reducing the letters and providing the data on time. It has also reduced the cost of data transportation and helped in dissolving the data management challenges. It is now easy to deploy applications globally in a few seconds. The services are highly portable and scalable.
Features of Edge Containers
- It provides automatic application delivery that will help in delivering the application in a few seconds with just one click. It also helps in managing the instances.
- The intelligent traffic routing application provides the fastest experience to the user request by managing the load balanced with the help of global traffic management.
- The accelerated registry service has made the data secure and provides a speed to upload or download the data over the network.
- Open API helps smooth workflow and automates the application life cycles to fulfill the requirements.
- The edge network with the ipv4 or IPv6 has made it easy to access the data on the internet.
How do Edge Containers Work?
The containers are straightforward to deploy in parallel to diverse geographical points to get high chances of availability. The other containers are far from the location of a data processor, which gives birth to the problem of latency, but edge containers are deployed much closer to the user and resolve the issue of latency.
Advantages of Edge Containers
- The edge containers provide low latency and hence increase user experience.
- They are highly scalable and can be deployed to multiple locations at one time.
- It has reduced the bandwidth because the traffic is concentrated in the cloud data center.
Disadvantages of Edge Containers
- The multiple containers are very complex to monitor and manage.
- The size of networks can also increase, due to which the course and attack surface from the third party can also increase.
The edge containers have helped the developers choose the language and the framework to meet the requirements of the users. It is the best application to provide low latency. It has also reduced the cost of processing the data and transporting the data globally. The containers include:
- Real-time video recognition.
- Real-time analytics.
- Video streaming.
- IoT devices provide a better experience to users.