Preface – This post is part of the IBM Cloud series.
Table of Contents
IBM cloud services are a complete service in themselves that consist of a vast collection of 170+ products and cloud computing services for any type of business, project, and organization. The IBM cloud includes Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Platform As A Service (PaaS), and recently, Software as a Service (SaaS), and majorly focused on IaaS. It is offered through the public, private, and hybrid cloud deployment models. It offers a multi-cloud facility to make you work easily with any vendor. It is quite easy to deploy, work, develop, and run machines across the world virtually through the IBM cloud platform. In this article, we will cover what the IBM cloud is along with its benefits, demerits, and services.
What is IBM Cloud?
IBM Cloud offers both platforms as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS). IBM Cloud supports all level projects and organizations. IBM provides a variety of solutions to each obstacle that is stuck. It provides security, reliability, management, and fast performance. You can work in 19 regions of countries over the globe. It offers private and public clouds in which one can work on a virtual private cloud. IBM Cloud offers an open and secure platform for the business along with the hybrid facility, AI capabilities, ML, data storage, and data enterprise expertise. It supports a multi-cloud solution that will help you to work more efficiently. The platform supports many programming languages such as Java, Node Js, .Net, PHP, and Python.
Benefits of IBM Cloud
- It supports small to large any type of Business organizations.
- No need to switch to any new platform as it supports a variety of programming languages and operating systems.
- Several tools and services are available to make your projects some parts automotive.
- It is highly reliable and provides backup of your data.
- High availability, Flexibility, and performance.
- Pricing is very Flexible.
Demerits of IBM Cloud
- High latency as data transfer at the time of peak hours.
- Integration with many important services is missing.
- The platform and dashboard are not so friendly as it takes time to understand them.
- The file management interface doesn’t have development for long, due to which it is still difficult to find your file from the bundle.
Services of IBM Cloud
It provides the strategy and architecture. IBM Cloud provides both public and private cloud services. It provides security, resiliency, and data backups.
The top services are:
- Developers Tools
- Logging and monitoring
The article consists of information about IBM Cloud along with the merits and demerits of IBM cloud. IBM Cloud develops and is capable of providing 170+ products and services. It has maintained its space in the race to be the best cloud provider among others in the market. Each product’s platform has pros and a few cons that can be neglected.