Table of Contents
Salesforce is one of the hot skills present in the current market, and organizations are spending for the same. Salesforce Developers are those who have the knowledge of both administration and customization as well. People with both skills who are Salesforce Developers are considered more than those with admin skills.
Since many companies are looking for qualified Salesforce developers, this scope is enormous. In this article, we will learn about the scope of a Salesforce Developer as a Career.
General skills recruiters look for in a Salesforce Developer
- Communication skills – Communication skill is a must-have skill for everyone. It’s very much important for us to convey our thoughts or ideas clearly with technical terms and even listening is also a part of communication skills. Interrupting your client while they are putting their thoughts will give you a bad impression.
- Problem Solving and Logical Skills – We know that we can get multiple errors and bugs in our salesforce environment or org. There could be multiple reasons for those errors. In this case, knowledge of CRM and great problem-solving skills will help us solve problems in less time and efficiently.
- Analytical Skills – It’s very important to analyze our client’s requirements and demands. Therefore, Analytical skill also plays an important role in being a successful Salesforce Developer.
Technical and specialized skills recruiters look for in a Salesforce Developer
There are numerous technical skills that recruiters look for in a Salesforce Developer.
- Fundamental OOPs concepts
- Apex (Triggers, Async Apex) and Visualforce
- SOQL and SOSL
- Data Management, Data modeling, and Security
- Web Services
- Aura, LWC
What are the tasks performed by a Salesforce Developer?
- Interacting with clients to get their requirements and implementing them with the help of configuration and customization
- Designing and coding our Salesforce applications.
- Testing the functionality and deployment of applications
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors
- Managing technical documentation and managing regular maintenance
- Giving support when the application is getting deployed in production org.
- Developing personalized solutions
- Lightning Framework
What is the future of a Salesforce Developer?
Cloud computing is the most demanding career today, so it is Salesforce. Salesforce is the CRM platform that helps businesses build strong relationships with their clients.
It provides so much flexibility that developers can customize the existing application or create a new one according to the customers’ requirements.
Due to this, it’s high in demand in the current market, and around 3 million jobs are expected in the Salesforce ecosystem.
What is the salary range of a Salesforce Developer?
The average salary of a Salesforce Developer in India is more than 5 Lakhs per annum. Apart from this, salary also depends on the type of company, how much experience we have, certifications, Location, and skillset. [Data as per 2022]
The average entry-level salary in the US is around $10900, and Senior Salesforce Developers earn $144000 on average in the US. [Data as per 2022]
Why should you choose to become a Salesforce Developer?
Salesforce is a top cloud-based CRM in the market, and this technology is booming. So there will be more Jobs in this tech in the future, leading to more opportunities and growth in learning and pay for people.
Salesforce has a Trailhead, a dedicated learning platform to learn and win prizes simultaneously for every experience and role level.
Changing role is very much easy in Salesforce. A Salesforce developer can change his/her role to Architect level after gaining some experience. And there is no issue with changing roles in Salesforce as today, and Companies need Salesforce specialists.
We have a vast community in Salesforce where we can interact with different people. If someone gets stuck somewhere, people from the community are always ready to help them solve their problems.