Table of Contents
WordPress can be used for endless purposes. From starting your online nursery business to publishing weekly blogs on lifestyle, WordPress is powered with essential plugins and tools that equip users with all they need to build their perfect website. So, today we will briefly discuss how you can begin publishing your top-notch blogs through WordPress and the concept of writing good blogs in WordPress.
What is a Blog?
A blog is often referred to as a unique form of dialogue that raises questions and discussions in the community surrounding the topic. Blogs are generally run by activist groups or individuals, posting content daily through magazines or websites, which are known as online blogs.
How to Write a Blog in WordPress
- To start with your blog website on WordPress, you need to first have a domain name and website hosting for your blog. The most common and free hosting you can find on the internet is Bluehost, Siteground, and Hostinger. They are considered to be one of the easiest to handle and most efficient tools for beginners in WordPress.
- You would have to download your WordPress software that will automatically link when you sign in to your WordPress website when that’s set. When you complete that process, you will receive an email from your hosting site regarding the completion of your WordPress linking process. Follow the instructions given for knowing how to add a new website on the hosting.
- Now when you arrive on your WordPress dashboard, add your first post on the website. Tap on posts, choose to add new, and there you should have your first blog ready.
- Now, you need to follow WordPress’s normal drill to add new WordPress themes and plugins to make your blog more attractive to your viewers.
To understand the entire setup of WordPress, go through the course here.
Essential and Required Plugins in WordPress
We would like to suggest certain essential or highly required plugins:
|Plugin Name||Plugin Use|
|Contact Form 7||To create forms that will be used in about us and other places.|
|Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR / CCPA||Mandatory plugin for GDPR and CCPA regulation.|
|Post Views Counter||To count and show the number of post views.|
|Table of Contents Plus||Automatically create a Table of Content-based on Headings used in the post.|
|WPS Hide Login||Change your Admin Login address to save your website from hacking.|
|Yoast SEO||To optimize your website for better site ranking and sitemap creation for browsers.|
|Mammoth .docx converter||Upload your word file directly as a post.|
|Classic Editor||Only if you are used to the old classical editor of WordPress|
|Classic Widgets and Widget Options||To have better controls on Widgets|
|Wordfence Security||A must-have plugin to secure your website from attacks.|
|Contextual Related Posts||To show related posts on your pages, enhancing page SEO.|
|All-in-One WP Migration||Only when you are migrating your website from one hosting to another.|
|All In One WP Security||A security plugin|
|404page – your smart custom 404 error page||To add a 404 Error page if the wrong link is visited. It is a mandatory page requirement from Google.|
|Easy SSL||A plugin to enable SSL in your website to make it HTTPS compatible. It has a dependency upon your hosting provider too.|
|Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights||To view the page visits and other insights from Google Analytics. It requires additional configuration via Google Analytics.|
To know more about these plugins, read the full article here.
Writing Good Blogs in WordPress
We have understood the concept of Blogs and Plugins in WordPress, and we are ready to launch a website with the best blog available on the internet. Before we even start writing a blog, we need to identify the following:
1. What niche would I choose for writing the content?
Ans: Choosing a niche for WordPress writing itself is a great task. It requires research and understanding of the topics. Read here how to choose a niche for a Website Blog.
2. What topics would I choose for writing content related to my niche?
Ans: Now, you have a niche and an idea regarding the same. This means you can write 1000 articles if topics relevant to that niche are provided to you. The question is, which topic would you choose among those 1000 topics. Here Google Keyword Planner can help us.
Read How to Use Google Keyword Planner here.
3. What content to add to the chosen topic?
Ans. After deciding on a topic, the next task should be identifying articles already there on the web and, based on them, creating an index of subtopics for your article or blog. The important part is to include something different, something better than the existing articles. You should always include media, graphs, charts, relevant links, and documents based on your topic to improve the quality of the content. You can take an example of a Wikipedia page of your country and see how beautifully it describes your nation with all possible and relevant facts.
4. How to conclude if a written Blog is actually good?
Ans. Whether a blog is good or not is always decided by the blog’s audience. Our responsibility is to make that blog as structured as possible with SEO optimization and plagiarism-free so that Google and other indexing websites can easily rank them based on search results. Read 10 tips for an awesome and SEO-friendly blog post to understand SEO optimization in detail.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Setting up your blog is not everything you have to do to appeal to your user base; you would also have to make sure it attracts more and more viewers. To do so, WordPress offers various options in plugins that can be added to your website theme to cherish your blogs even more. For instance,
1. SEO plug-in
Search engine optimizations for blogs are quite substantial to show up more on any user’s search page when they search for anything related to blogs. Plugins such as Yoast SEO are available at different pricing.
2. On any average blog site, the transfer of data remains much higher than on any other average website on the internet. For this, the admin must place assertive security systems in place for proper data protection and backups. Today, admins can implement the same, too, using plugins such as Jetpack.
We have tried to answer all possible questions relevant to Writing Good Blogs in WordPress. In case we missed something, let us know in the comment section below.