Preface – This post is part of the SAP Ariba series.
Before going into the SAP Master Data Integration with Ariba, we will understand what is master data and what can it be used for?
Master data is the core data for any business organization which is rarely changed over the period of time. It plays a very crucial role in the business process. The master data of the organization covers products, employees, suppliers, and customers.
Table of Contents
List of SAP Master Data
- Customer Master Data
- Vendor Master Data
- Material Master Data
- Bill of Material
- Purchase information Records
- Conditions Records
Methods of importing Master Data from ERP to Ariba system
- Data transfer tool
- Ariba Integration Toolkit through Direct Connectivity
- SAP Process Integration
- Configure manually from Ariba Administrator console
List of master data imported to Ariba Procurement Solution
- Account assignment category
- Accounting field display status
- Asset accounts
- Company Code
- Cost centers
- Currency conversion rate
- General ledger accounts
- Internal orders
- Language-specific names for data imports
- Material groups
- Payment terms
- Purchasing group
- Purchasing organization
- Remittance location
- Supplier locations
- Tax code
- User and user groups
Pre-requisites for importing master data
- Transport request must be downloaded and imported to ERP system
- SAP Note 1402826, 1716777 must be implemented
- Authorization object must be created
- To maintain authorization object, go to Tcode SU21 -> create new Authorization Object
Mapping fields in SAP ERP and SAP Ariba
For importing and exporting the data, you need to maintain the mapping of fields in ERP and Ariba Procurement Solution. The field names or naming convention of fields maintained in Ariba Procurement and ERP is different. So as to display the names maintained in Ariba, mapping is needed. Otherwise, Ariba Procurement Solution will display the field names from ERP.
Creating roles for authorization object
To create roles for authorization object
- Go to T-code PFCG and enter the role name.
- Click Single Role open authorization tab
- Click Change Authorization Data. If you manually select the Authorization to provide the name in Authorization Object box, make sure you enter /ARB and click Continue button
- To change the roles provide the parent node details in the Authorization page and proceed further. You can see the /ARB object class which is created previously. Click Program Name and ensure the following values are maintained:
Field Name: PROGRAM
Provide the transaction data report name under Value Interval. Save it and regenerate the profiles.