Preface – This post is part of the ABAP Beginner series.
Table of Contents
A development class (container) to store different development objects together that are developed by a developer. Earlier anyone could use any developed object because everything was stored in a flat structure. In order to set up protection for developers’ development object package concept was introduced. In order to address technical modularization in large scales for developed objects SAP Package concept was introduced.
SAP PACKAGE BUILDER CONCEPT
- Packages are a further development of the current development classes with added semantics.
- They are designed to help developers encapsulate, modularize, decouple units in the SAP System.
- They extend the concept of development classes with added attributes as nesting, interfaces, visibility and use accesses.
SAP PACKAGE BUILDER
- It helps to implement the concept of packages in ABAP Workbench.
- It can be called using transaction SE21 or SPACKAGE.
Features of SAP PACKAGE BUILDER
- It helps to create packages and sub packages.
- It can specify a package hierarchy.
- Define package interface for users.
HOW TO CREATE A PACKAGE IN SAP.
1. Enter the package name -> create.
2. Package is either created or you can display a created one.
3. It has certain attributes.
- Package Interfaces:
- In order to make package content visible.
- Only those package element that are added in the interface are visible.
- Package make their services available to other package using the package interface.
2. Sub Packages
- It holds an attribute of packages ‘Nesting’.
- A package can be created /or an existing package can be added.
3. Package Hierarchy
- The main focus is to provide a structure for packages.
- Sub packages can be inserted inside main package.
- This shows the depth to which they are nested.
HOW TO MOVE OBJECTS FROM ONE PACKAGE TO ANOTHER.
Go to SE80 -> Give the program name -> Right click-> Additional functions -> Change package assignment.
After giving the new package name -> ok.
SAP PACKAGE TABLES