SAP Program: Hello World in ABAP
I believe a programmer is born with Hello World program. So, we will start with this SAP program only.
Follow the following steps to make your first program (Happy Coding)
- Open Transaction SE38
- Write your program name starting with Z or Y (Reason is in our ABAP syntax post)
- Click on Create
- Write Title
Example: This is My First Program
- In Attributes Select Executable Program in Type and click Save
- Press Local Object to save it in Temporary folder (Reason will be discussed in upcoming posts)
- Now, this is the screen where you can write your codes(Excited?)
- Just Write the code below:
|WRITE “HELLO WORLD”.|
- Now, click Save, Check and Activate one by one as shown below
- Now Run the program by clicking on Run or pressing F8.
That’s it. You have successfully written your first ABAP program