Preface – This post is part of the ABAP Beginner series.
Table of Contents
SAP Program: Hello World in ABAP
I believe a programmer is born with the Hello World program. So, we will start with this SAP program only.
Follow the following steps to make your first program (Happy Coding)
- Open Transaction SE38
- Write your program name starting with Z or Y (Reason is in our ABAP syntax post)
- Click on Create
- Write Title
Example: This is My First Program
- In Attributes, select Executable Program in Type and click Save
- Press Local Object to save it in a temporary folder (Reason will be discussed in upcoming posts)
- Now, this is the screen in the SAP program where you can write your codes(Excited?)
- Just write the code below:
|WRITE “HELLO WORLD”.
- Now, click Save, Check and Activate one by one, as shown below.
- Now run the SAP program by clicking on Run or pressing F8.
That’s it. You have successfully written your first ABAP program.