Preface – This post is part of the SAP FI series.
Table of Contents
Financial statement versions (FSV) help to group related accounts prepare the balance sheet and income statements for reporting purposes. SAP has provided a standard financial statement version for all the countries. As per the requirement, you can use the SAP standard FSV or you can create your financial statement version.
How to create Financial Statement Versions in SAP?
T-code : OB58
Path to FSV:
SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Display IMG -> Financial Accounting -> General Ledger Accounting -> Business Transactions -> Closing -> Document -> Define Financial Statement Versions
Steps to create Financial Statement Versions in SAP:
1. Go to T-code OB58
2. Select New Entries
3. Provide the details.
- Fin. Stmt.Version: It identifies the financial statement versions in SAP. Enter the new four digits key.
- Name: Enter the descriptive name of the FSV.
- Maint. language: It describes the language in which your financial statement is to be maintained. Enter the language key.
- Item Keys Auto: It determines whether the item keys be assigned automatically or manually. Item keys are linked to financial statement items in the FSV. For the automatic assignment, it is recommended to mark this option.
- Chart of Accounts: Enter the COA to tag to FSV.
- Group Account number: Use this indicator to account number from the group chart of accounts to account number. This option is only valid if we are using consolidation.
- Fun.area.perm.: Use this indicator to use organizational elements for the functional area. It helps maintain alternative group costs.
4. Click on Save.
5. Click on “Fin. Statement items” to configure financial statement items.
There are seven nodes we need to maintain here. By clicking Create item, we can add a new item or delete it by clicking Delete item.
- Financial Statement Notes
- Not Assigned
- P+L result
- Net result : loss
- Net result : profit
- We can maintain node texts by clicking on the nodes.
- We can create sub-nodes for the given nodes by clicking on nodes and clicking on the “Create Items” button.
- We can assign Accounts or groups of accounts to given nodes by selecting a node and clicking on the “Assign Accounts” button.
Let us take the Assets node. We will maintain the Assets text, create sub-nodes, and assign Accounts.
1. Double click on “No text exists” and maintain texts.
2. Select Asset and click in Create Item button to create sub-nodes. Add all the Asset items.
After successful maintenance, the configuration screen will look like this.
We can also create sub-nodes for Asset sub-nodes.
1. To assign Accounts, select node and double click on Assign Items.
Enter the details and select both Debit/Credit indicator
2. After maintaining, click on save.
We have successfully assigned the Account to the node.