Preface – This post is part of the SAP FI series.
Table of Contents
In this article, we will learn:
- List of Account Types in SAP
- List of Standard Document Types in SAP
- How to define Document Type
- How to describe a Number Range
List of Account Types in SAP
|S||General Ledger Accounts|
List of Standard Document Types in SAP
|AN||Net Asset Posting|
|C1||Closing GR/IR accts|
|DB||Cust. Recurring entry|
|DG||Customer Credit Memo|
|KG||Vendor Credit Memo|
How to define Document Type?
SPRO -> IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Setting -> Document -> Document Types -> Define Document Types -> Execute
1. Go to the path mentioned above
2. Click on New Entries
3. Provide the details.
- Document Type Key
- A number range for the Document Type
- An Account type which you would like to do posting
- Also enter an Appropriate Selection in the Control Data Section
4. Click on Save
How to describe a Number Range?
1. Press the ‘Number range Information’ Button in the properties section.
2. Provide details.
- Company Code
3. Click on insert interval
4. Provide details.
- Unique number range key
- Fiscal year
- Start and End Number of range without overlapping other Number Ranges
- Mark checkbox External if you want to insert the Document number manually during document creation
- Click Insert button
5. The new number range is listed.
NOTE: You can assign a number range to one or more document types.