Preface – This post is part of the SAP FI series.
Table of Contents
The Posting Period Variant is used to maintain the opening and closing period in the fiscal year for posting purposes. To learn how to a create Posting Period Variant, click < link to Create Posting Period Variant>
In this article, we will learn how to open and close periods in Posting Period Variant.
How to open and close periods in Posting Period Variant?
SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Setting → Posting Periods → Open and Close Posting Periods → Execute.
1. Go to the t-code or follow the path.
2. Click on New Entries.
3. Provide details:
- Var: Posting period variant
- Account type
- ++=Valid for all account types (masking)
- A = Asset
- D = Customers
- K = Vendors
- M = Materials
- S = General Ledger Account
- From Account/To Account: Account range
- From per.1: Starting Period
- Year: Year
- To Period: Ending period
- From Period2: First special period
- To period: Period
- Authorization Group: To open a period for a particular user.
Note: All the other periods will remain close for posting for the defined account number range.
4. Click on Save