The Posting Period Variant is used to maintain the opening and closing period in the fiscal year for posting purposes. To learn how to a create Posting Period Variant, click < link to Create Posting Period Variant>
In this article, we will learn how to open and close periods in Posting Period Variant.
How to open and close periods in Posting Period Variant?
SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Setting → Posting Periods → Open and Close Posting Periods → Execute.
1. Go to the t-code or follow the path.
2. Click on New Entries.
3. Provide details:
- Var: Posting period variant
- Account type
- ++=Valid for all account types (masking)
- A = Asset
- D = Customers
- K = Vendors
- M = Materials
- S = General Ledger Account
- From Account/To Account: Account range
- From per.1: Starting Period
- Year: Year
- To Period: Ending period
- From Period2: First special period
- To period: Period
- Authorization Group: To open a period for a particular user.
Note: All the other periods will remain close for posting for the defined account number range.
4. Click on Save