Journal Entry posting in SAP FI is the process that takes a batch, validates it for consistency, then generates appropriate FI documents and posts entries in line-item accounts required for subsequent business processing.
In this article, we will learn about G/L posting.
How to perform G/L posting
SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Display IMG -> Financial Accounting -> General Ledger -> Posting -> FB50 – Enter G/L Account Document -> Double click
1. Enter t-code FB50
Or go to the path described above
2. Enter Company code
3. Provide header data
Enter required details: Document date, Posting date, Header text.
4. Provide item data. Enter required details:
- Enter debit account (G/L account)
- Select Debit
- Enter debit amount
- Enter credit account (G/L account)
- Select Credit
- Enter credit amount
5. Check status in the Amount Information Section (for success, the status indicator will be green)
6. Click on Save
7. The status bar shows the generated document number and confirms the posting.