Greenfield Implementation in SAP means a new implementation of SAP S/4HANA. It involves complete re-engineering and process simplification. In previous articles, we have discussed about SAP on Azure and types of Azure sizing based upon use case. In this article we will discuss SAP on Azure Greenfield Journey.
SAP on Azure Greenfield Journey
In Greenfield Migration, following are the steps that we need to follow:
- SAP on Azure Planning: It involves all the standard procedure provided by Azure.
- Build of IaC for cloud Infrastructure and CaC for OS & SAP Applications: Here infrastructure code that involves networking and other infrastructure related code is built as Iac (Infrastructure As Code). And the Operating System and SAP Application code is built as CaC (Configuration As Code).
- Automated Deployments: Using Terraform and Ansible, the above codes are deployed within Infrastructure and Deployment servers in Azure respectively.
- Deployment as ECC or S/4HANA: Now using SAP AnyDB on Azure and SAP HANA on Azure, we deploy ECC or S/4HANA.
SAP on Azure Planning
We have already discussed the phases involved in SAP on Azure Projects, you can read them here. SAP on Azure planning is a very critical process and it requires all checklist to be ready. The six phases includes:
- Project preparation and planning phase
- Pilot phase (strongly recommended)
- Non-production phase
- Production preparation phase
- Go-live phase
- Post production phase