SAP Standard text is an object that holds some reusable text. If the texts are used more than once, those can be entered as standard text. This is globally stored and can be included in scripts, Smart Forms, or ABAP programs. Usually, standard texts are created for printing documents or inserting content of the body.
SAP Standard Text Formatting
There are different formatting options available in the text editor. Let’s check them out.
- * Default Paragraph: It is a default format for the text.
- B Paragraph, Justified: The paragraph is justified.
- C Centered: It aligns the paragraph to the center.
- L Paragraph, Left Aligned: It aligns the paragraph to left.
- Space Continuous Text: When two or more lines are needed in the paragraph, space can be specified to make it continuous text in the editor.
- = Extended Line: It appends the next line only at the output.
- ( Raw line: It is used to apply the same format to the next paragraph as the previous one.
- / Line Feed: It displays the text in the next line, same as the write statement is used to print in the next line.
- /= Line Feed and Extended Line: It displays the content of the current line in the next line.
- /( Line Feed and Raw Line: It displays the preceding line at the next line and uses the format of the previous paragraph.
- /: Command Line: These lines are not interpreted and the contents of the line are converted to caps. The command line must be a single line.
- /* Comment Line: It is used to write comments. These lines are neither be executed nor interpreted.
Steps to create a Standard Text
Step 1: SO10 is the transaction code to create a standard text. Enter SO10 in the common field.
Step 2: Enter a name for the standard text in Text Name field and click on the Create button.
Step 3: Enter text in Standard text Editor.
There are different text editors. To change the editor, click on GOTO and select Change Editor.
Step 4: Click on the Save button.
Steps to include Standard text in Smart Forms:
Step 1: SMARTFORMS is the t-code for Smart Forms. Enter SMARTFORMS in the common field.
Step 2: Enter a form name and click on Create button.
Step 3: Expand the Pages and Windows node and create a Text node.
Step 4: Change the Text type to Include Text.
Step 5: A “Change Text node” pop will appear. Click on Yes.
Step 6: Enter Standard text name, Text object, Text ID, and Language.
Step 7: Check and activate the Smart Forms.